Jul 21, 2009

IMC training week 30

30 weeks. It's been a long time since I started this journey. Last week I hit a few walls.

1st, a back spasm on Thursdays tempo run. Almost passed out waiting for the bus. Made it home and threw down some Advil and sat on a heating pad for a while. Felt better by bed time, but missed a long swim and lost a bit of confidence. Took Friday off to make sure I didn't make it worse. Sunday I felt like crap, took another day off. I'm supposed to listen to my body, right?

2nd, a friend was hit by a van while riding his bike. In the ICU, still out but improving. This really took my motivation to ride.

So, here's the week. Supposed to be 18 hours, not even close.

Bike - Road 93.3 mi 6:30:00
Run - 19.5 mi 2:45:30
Swim - 2100 yd 0:44:36
Total Time 10 hrs 0min

No comments: