Jul 12, 2009

IMC training week 29

7 weeks to go! Crazy. I can't believe how fast these last few weeks have gone. This was another big week even though I missed a few swims. I've been in the open water a lot in the last 3 weeks, so I'm still confident I can finish the swim before noon :-)

A few things I've learned:

- Swim times are going down with improvement in my technique. Very good sign!

- I generally hammer on the bike, not good for an IM if I want to finish the marathon. 2 very long hilly rides over the last 2 weeks averaging 16mph have left me with strong legs for great feeling bricks. Slow = surviving.

- I like to run. This is new. Generally it's a means to an end. 17 miles today in wind and rain and I loved every minute.

- Nutrition is coming along. I've figured out what works. Now I have to figure out how I'll remember 6 hours into a bike with a frazzled mind.


Here's the breakdown of the week:

Bike - Road 118 mi 8:00:00
Bike - Trainer 0 mi 0:47:29
Run - 38.2 mi 5:43:14
Swim - 4550 yd 1:48:40
Total Time 16 hrs 19min

Feeling stronger every week!

2 comments:

Jon P said...

That's a lot of hours, nice job!

I agree the bike will be trouble... the course will make it tricky to guage actual performance!

I expect to be below my target pace by the time I get to the top of Richter, but hopefully once we get back down (around 100k) I'll be at or near it. I just don't know how far off it I should expect to be in the first place, though.

It's almost like two separate rides - up Richter and down, then up to Yellow Lake and down.

At least the last 20k are easy! :)

Boris T said...

Good luck at the IMC!