Jul 28, 2011

Seafair Tri Race Report

It was a good day for Team 1Fish2FishRedFishBlueFish. The Good Doctor threw down a 11:36 800 swim, I managed a 41:29 (17+ mph) for the 12 mile bike with my aero pig mt bike, and Becky knocked down the 5k in 21:44 (then ran 12 miles home with Kenaia)

We took 4th in the mixed 106+ team category.

Best part of the race for me - I managed to pass one Cervelo while keeping the rest of the flat bars behind me.


Aero Pig


I haven't done a tri since IMC and I really haven't missed the sport. After hanging at the start of this race and watching the buzz of the morning I did feel a bit nostalgic about it all.  Watching everyone set up in transition, listening to the first timers and offering up some advice (which had to come across a bit odd from a guy on a relay team with a mt bike), then hammering down the road was really a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure I'll be back, but an off road tri will likely be first.

No comments: